Saturday, January 23, 2010

Some Things

Things different in this pregnancy. . .

more morning sickness and actual vomiting.

less tenderness in the breasts, and they aren't getting as huge as quickly, either.

not showing as quickly (by 13 weeks last time around, none of my pants fit and this time, all of my pants still fit just fine).

no fainting.

chocolate doesn't make me gag.

I am moodier (bitchier may be more appropriate here, to be honest). Way moodier. Trust me.

Still waiting for that second trimester energy to kick in (it kicked in at week 11 last time - no sign of it yet)

Things the same in this pregnancy. . .

I crave sour things.

And fruit.

It is difficult for me to feel really "bonded" to this baby. I love the baby, I am excited, but I think I am still protecting myself a little bit. The anatomy scan helped last time, and I assume it will this time, too.

My hips hurt. Like bone rubbing bone. It doesn't bother me as much this time because I know it's not permanent, but man, it HURTS.

Dog nose. I can smell anything.

11 comments:

Ms. J said...

I think a few more weeks, and once you feel some movement, you're bonding will start to ease in as your fears (ghosts of m/c past) start to lessen.

I hear ya on the hip pain - bone on bone is exactly how I would have described it, too. Mine was in earnest from weeks 16-25, and OI VEY what a b*tch that was! I got some relief via the heating pad, as well as just groaning as I lay there in bed. Remember, I am married to a chiropractor, and it still hurt like hell :o(

Anonymous said...

I'm finding I'm just in a different place with this pregnancy than the last time. I too am moodier, but I'm not sure if that's situational or hormonal--sometimes it's one or the other, sometimes it's both. I think the anatomy scan will help, but I'd be lying if I said this time around is just different. Not better or worse, just not the same. I understand. ((hugs))

Abc said...

You sound like me when I was pg with #2 (girl). I was sooo sick and not able to rest as much the second time. I also had sciatica and a heating pad helped a lot.

(hugs)

HereWeGoAJen said...

Yes, yes, the hip pain. It was terrible.

PamalaLauren said...

Yeah the pain in my joints (carpel tunnel as well) has come on way sooner than with my previous one.

A lot of things are different, but I will say the sore boobs just came on like a week ago (17 weeks). OMG I swear they've tripled in size!

Noelle said...

I wanted to thank you for being there for me on my blog. I really, really appreciate it.

I loved this post. It is reassuring to hear how things can be totally different for the same person during different pregnancies.

I spend time thinking..."I should be vomiting every day. I should be tired." It is good to hear this.

Sunny said...

I'm surprised to hear that you aren't showing as quickly! Usually it's the opposite, I think, because the old ute has been stretched out already. I was "showing" (more bloated, really) at 8 DPO this time and it just got worse from there. :)

Differences in pregnancy symptoms... could be a girl?!

Anonymous said...

I am feeling different too! Same amount of sleepiness, more nausea, more bloating... 5 weeks and my a*s already looks pregnant because I can't suck it in!

Hope you start getting more energy soon. You deserve it and you've got a little dude to chase!

Red said...

I wish I wasn't showing as quickly - I think I look 13 weeks for my 6. Hip pain has been signature of all my pregnancies too. I was told it is the ligaments loosening.

I don't know if the energy will come now that we have toddlers too, though! Hoping it will! :)

Joy@WDDCH said...

Ha- I still say GIRL!

I know what you mean about not feeling bonded but it will come whether while pregnant or when they're born!

Michele said...

Ah Pregnancy Nose! How I remember that!!!

Hope you start to feel more bonded soon. :) Sending loving thoughts...