Thursday, January 14, 2010

Baked Maple Bananas

I found this recipe on Weelicious a couple of weeks ago and have already made it twice. It reminds me of an easy, kid-friendly bananas foster. I serve it over french vanilla yogurt as a treat for both Will and me! Tonight, I made it for a third time and added apples and a few raisins. It reminded me of hot apple pie filling, but a little richer and creamier, thanks to the bananas. I'll bet it would be good over ice cream, too, but honestly, the vanilla yogurt tastes so amazing that I haven't been tempted. . . yet.

Baked Maple Bananas
1 TBS. butter or margarine
2 TBS. maple syrup
4 bananas, peeled and either sliced or cut in half length-wise
1/2 tps. cinnamon
1 tsp. lemon juice

(I doubled all of the sauce ingredients when I added two cored, peeled, and diced apples, and a quarter cup of raisins tonight.)

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Combine the butter and syrup in an 8X8 Pyrex (I used a 9x13 for the apples and raisins tonight)
Melt the syrup and butter together either in the microwave or oven
Add lemon juice and cinnamon and stir to combine
Gently toss the bananas (and other fruit) to coat
Bake for 20 - 25 minutes or until bubbly and brown

Enjoy over vanilla yogurt or ice cream!





5 comments:

peesticksandstones said...

Oh man, this sounds heavenly. And easy! Will definitely be trying this.

Thank you, too, for the link and the great info you left on my blog. I found it extremely useful. This feeding stuff definitely intimidates me and brings up some surprisingly emotional food issues of my own (which I guess a lot of American women have, surely).

There is, however, so much joy in food, isn't there? If you can just push aside the crap. That adorable mac and cheese video definitely reminds me of that -- as does seeing my own little dude make messes with his food.

Sunny said...

I loooooove bananas and maple syrup (and who doesn't enjoy butter and cinnamon?) so I will certainly email this post to my hubby. I need to eat stuff like this before I get diagnosed with GD next week (yeah, I'm not feeling so hopeful about my glucose test.) :D

Oh, and thank you for the link to that helping calendar! I think we are going to use it, I'll post about it when it's set up. The first step is figuring out what we actually need, based on how long my mom is going to stay.

Danifred said...

Oh how I love some bananas foster... I also love apple crisp, you know with a whole stick of buttery goodness?
Great, now my mouth is all watery.

Anonymous said...

Yuuuum! I love recipes that are this easy. I'll definitely be trying it!

J said...

sounds so yummy! How about you just make them and send them overnight to me? lol!

Jackie