Monday, January 18, 2010

Happy

Will and I had another nice day. It was supposed to be rainy and horrible, but the sun started shining somewhere around lunchtime. After his nap, we went to the park. We haven't been to the park since October. It's been too cold and rainy.

He had seen a picture of a playground in a book yesterday and said, "Play!" I promised him that we would go play on the first nice day. So, I packed a snack, and away we went.

He loved it. He had such fun, playing on the swings, chasing around with some other kids, looking for airplanes, walking down to the water to see some birds, and just generally having an amazing time.

At one point, we stopped to sit down on a bench and eat his snack. He sat there with his cup of milk, some Pirate's Booty, and a strawberry cereal bar, munching away with a look of pure contentment on his face. He turned to me and said, "Happy."

I said, "I'm happy, too, Will." He smiled and leaned over for a toothy, cheese-dusted, strawberry-covered kiss.

And he is. And I am. And we are.

5 comments:

mummydr said...

Beautiful :-) it sounds like a wonderful day. I hope you are starting to feel a little better.

Anonymous said...

Awwwww! That's so sweet. It sounds like he's had a lot of great days recently: the train, the cook, and the park! I'm glad you're feeling more like yourself again and can enjoy all these wonderful little moments.

Sunny said...

My little guy started saying happy, too... it makes my heart sing. :)

Glad you got to enjoy the day yesterday! My bedroom window was wide open the entire day, it was wonderful to get some fresh air.

Danifred said...

What a wonderful day! And moments like that are why I'm so happy to have a blog to document our lives.

Mazzy said...

I loooooooooooove this post. It made me tear up, Katie. It made me remember where you were emotionally before you got pregnant with Will and how "happy" was probably the last word in your arsenal you would have used to describe yourself and your situation. That boy was such an amazing gift from God and I am so thankful for his life and I feel such joy for the tremendous effect it has had on you. I hope that there is so much more "happy" in store for you, that it is ridiculous.

*hugs*