Monday, January 25, 2010

No Matter How You Slice It

Some folks call the 12th week the beginning on the second trimester.

Some people prefer to wait until the 13th week before calling it that.

There are some really conservative ones that wait until the 14th week to say that you're in the second trimester.

No matter what camp you're in or how you count off the days . . .

Second trimester, here I am!!

I am so glad to be here, for the obvious biggest reason of all being that we are now safely past the highest risk of miscarriage. I am also glad to be here, because I am feeling human again. I am so glad to be able to eat and to parent my son. There were some dark days back there where I wasn't sure we were going to make it.

But here we are and until I get huge, awkward, and swollen, I plan to live it up! Yay for the second trimester!

8 comments:

Laura said...

Congratulations! So glad you made it and are feeling better!

Michele said...

Welcome!!!

My doctor always split it 13, 13, and 14 for 40 weeks. When I was pregnant with twins, it was 12, 12, and 12, since 36w was the goal. But, you are right, no matter how you slice it, you are there!!! CONGRATS!!!

HereWeGoAJen said...

Hooray! Second trimester!

Ms. J said...

wooooo hoooooo!!!!!!!

You are most certainly in the second trimester, sweetie :o)

Mazzy said...

Happy 2nd trimester!!

Amy said...

so amazing! Really what a blessing to FINALLY have a NORMAL old fashioned pregnancy......now what are you going to do with those totsicles is another story ;)

Katie said...

I know. Who knew?!?! It only took how many losses, right?!

I miss you, A. We need to talk. Someday. I hope the job is going well.

And as for the frozens. . . urgh. Still undecided.

Anonymous said...

Yay! Isn't it great to feel good again? :)