Friday, January 15, 2010

Katie Gets Her Groove Back

I still don't feel 100%. In fact, yesterday, I felt (and according to my friend - looked) like death. But I am starting to have longer and longer stretches of time where I feel pretty good, times when I am hungry and can actually think of something that sounds good, and then it stays down.

I heart the second trimester.

This morning, my girlfriend brought her daughter over while she went to an OB appointment. I made these amazing pancakes (I use Kodiak as the mix called for in the recipe), sliced strawberries and bananas, and scambled eggs with spinach and a sprinkle of mozzarella. The kids loved all of it, but they really loved the pancakes. I made one and split it between the two of them while I made the second. . . they had both cleaned their plates before I could flip the second pancake! Together, they ate three adult-sized pancakes, plus plenty of fruit and eggs.

Meanwhile, I put some kids' music on and danced around the kitchen, cleaning up the dishes and entertaining Will and his friend with my "great" dance moves. They were laughing and clapping and shaking their own little booties as they shoveled in the food.

After that, we played in Will's play room and I taught them "Ring around the Rosie." We have tried playing this game before, but they haven't quite gotten the whole concept of holding each others' hands and falling down at the end. Today, something clicked and they got it. We all were collapsing into giggle fits by the end.

All in all, we had a great morning. When my friend was done with her appointment, we packed the kids up and went to the Children's Museum. After all that play and lunch, Will was so tired that he fell asleep before I even left the room after putting him down for his nap.

It felt like pre-pregnancy days. Of course, the good times are over, and I am back to feeling lousy, but it was a good run. And I have a feeling even better days are ahead. . .

5 comments:

Danifred said...

Sounds like you had a GREAT day! I was also VERY, VERY sick with both my girls and I can so relate. I remember how thrilled I was once the ickies subsided. Hang in there- you're almost there :)

Anonymous said...

Good post and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you on your information.

Jo said...

Sounds like a wonderful day.

Thank you for your support on my blog. Please know that I wasn't referring to you, or any of my IF sisters, in my rant this morning. You guys, of all people, understand where I'm at. It's the IRL ones who have no idea what this life is like that are getting under my skin.

Hugs to you and your precious babies. I hope you continue to feel better and and this pregnancy progresses smoothly.

Jo

Ms. J said...

Oh I am SO happy to read this post of yours!!! You have definitely earned some relief, and a vague memory of what it is like to feel OKAY and be able to have a normal health day (hours), honey!!!

Luv hearing that you are in the 2nd trimester, too, we know what a huge milestone that is when one has battled recurrent m/c.

Three Cheers!!!

Sunny said...

Hooray for reaching the second trimester, and hooray for feeling better (even if momentarily!).

It sounds like a lovely morning, suggestive of all the fun you'll have with two little ones at home very soon. :)