Thursday, January 28, 2010

The Beat Goes On

We had a routine OB appointment today. It was our first time hearing the heartbeat. . .

156 BPM.

Such a miraculous sound. I could listen to it all day. The little one didn't even make us wait, the beat came up right away.

We brought Will with us to the appointment and he was antsy, except when we listened to the beat. Then he was perfectly still, with his little head cocked to the side. It was pretty cute.

Everything else looks good. I lost a lot of weight in the first trimester, but that has stopped (I even gained a pound, yay!), Dr. S commented that weight and BP looked "perfect." I didn't really have any questions as things have been feeling pretty familiar and normal, so it was a quickie appointment. Routine, normal, quick, easy appointment. Just as I like 'em.

9 comments:

Annalien said...

Yay for a boring, routine appointment and an excellent heartbeat. I am so very glad that things are going well for you.

Rebecca said...

Hooray! I can just imagine a little head cocked to the side. I'm sure he'll look at the baby a lot like that for the first few months!

Anonymous said...

I am so happy for you! And I wish you the most boring second and third trimester ever ;)
Kasia

HereWeGoAJen said...

Ahhh. Good, a heartbeat is the greatest sound in the world.

Stacey said...

That's great news, Katie! You know, occasionally people will comment on my blog that they wish me an long, uncomfortable pregnancy with lots of morning sickness, etc. I appreciate the sentiment -- they wish me all the "joys" of pregnancy -- but I always think after what I've been through so far, a boring, uneventful pregnancy would be the best thing in the world. Hoping that for you from here on out!

Julie, Todd, Kate and Miles said...

So glad for a routine appt! it's always amazing to hear that heartbeat, isn't it? What a lovely sound.

Danifred said...

What a wonderful, wonderful sound! Horray!

Debby said...

That and the sound of Grayson's giggle - are the 2 most beautiful sounds in the world! So glad he/she didn't make you wait and said hello right away!

I cheat and listen to the doppler every couple days at home, but I have my next ob appt monday. Always fun to hear it in the doc's office still!

Anonymous said...

Yay! Boring, routine appointments are the best sometimes, right? :) ((hugs))