It's Friday, which means that it's time to put forth all of the randomness in my life that doesn't qualify for a post of its very own. Want to play along? Go see Danifred!
1) It has been sunny this week, which is about as weird here in February as all the snow is everywhere else. It has been nice taking walks, going to the park, and just seeing that bright yellow ball in the sky rather than the omnipresent gray drizzle.
2) I really want a white chocolate mocha from Starbucks with a snickerdoodle cookie. Now, I could go get the mocha when Will gets up from his nap but the snickerdoodle will be a bit more difficult as they no longer sell them in our area. But, dang, those snickerdoodles were good and I would really like one right now.
3) Will has been grabbing my face or arm lately when he is angry or frustrated. He grabs hard, too. It is like a big pinch with his whole hand. I keep firmly telling him "NO" and doing timeouts, but the problem is, he is usually so riled by this time that it ends up in a huge crying fit and the timeouts are not really effective. Like other issues we've had with him (biting, for example), I am sure it's a passing phase, but I am eager for it to be over with.
4) My mom was really not very supportive about Will being a boy. I am learning that sometimes the best defense is just not bother defending myself. I talked to my mom this week and asked her if she was going to be able to have a better reaction this time if it's a boy. She said she "would try" which is my mom-speak for "no." So I just flat out told her that if the phone didn't ring on Monday, she would have her answer. I was not mean about it, but I was matter of fact, and told her that it would really hurt my feelings and damage our relationship if she reacted negatively again. She agreed with me that it was the right decision and I will e-mail her the stats about the baby if it's a boy and call her if it's a girl. It makes me a bit wistful that this is the way it is, but I don't want anything to spoil the magic of finding out the gender of Sweet Pea.
5) My belly popped out last weekend and I am definitely showing now. I need to take more belly pictures but I can't find my camera. When I do, I will take and post some.