Wednesday, September 1, 2010

It's A Naptime Miracle

Now, I realize I am about to get a little cocky here and will no doubt be "rewarded" with her never doing this again, but. . .

Emma is sleeping.

In her crib.

And. . .

wait for it. . .

I put her down awake.

As in drowsy, but awake. The hallowed ground of sleep training methodology.

It's a start.

(But let's not talk about how many times she was up last night. Yeah. We'll pretend last night didn't happen. It might as well not have happened for how much sleep I didn't get.)

4 comments:

Ms. J said...

I say this calls for a celebration . . . caffineated beverage? Glass of wine? Mimosa (since it's still early perhaps where you are)?!

COngrats!!!

It is what it is said...

These milestones are so rewarding. I hope you find a way to work a nap in, too, in your bed, drowsy but still awake when you go down.

HereWeGoAJen said...

Wow! Way to go, Emma! Even if she doesn't do this a lot, it is still a huge step in the right direction. (Elizabeth NEVER did that as a baby. Ever.)

Debby said...

yea! best feeling ever! I know what you mean about not wanting to jinx it by speaking of it. I actually just blogged about that myself.