My lovely friend Tracy has tagged me for this meme. And how can I refuse a newly pregnant woman? There are even rules to go with this game:
1) Link to the person that tagged you.
2) Post the rules on your blog.
3) Share six non-important things/habits/quirks about yourself.
4) Tag at least three people at the end of your post and link to their blogs.
5) Let each person know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
6) Let the fun begin!
I really had to wrack my DIPSy brain to come up with. . .
Six non-important quirks about me:
1. I have a yellow light phobia and it's actually kind of serious. You may laugh, but my heart actually starts pounding as I approach a stale green light at an intersection, or where I am the lead car coming up to an intersection from a long distance off. I have been pulled over for going through a yellow light (I wasn't given a citation, though, proving that it wasn't that stale) and had an embarrassing slide through an intersection with a former boss, so that combind to make me downright scared of yellow lights.
2. I collect antique jewelry - those big jeweled broaches are my favorite. I have an entire closet filled with antique jewelry boxes which, in turn, are filled with the glittering beauties. I get most of my pieces at thrift stores or garage sales. . . which seques nicely to
3. I like second hand stores and rummage sales. I love Goodwill, Value Village, garage sales, estate sales, you name it. And not just for jewelry. I actually buy clothes there, too. I draw the line at underwear, socks, bras, or anything that can't be thoroughly washed or dry cleaned. I save a fortune this way and I get some really beautiful things for a fraction of the cost.
4. I have two spots on my body that I hate being touched. One is on the base of my spine and the other is my inner wrists. It just gives me the heebie jeebies to have those areas touched. I don't even like leaning on a table with my wrists exposed and it drives me nuts when other people stand like that.
5. I love potatoes. I will sometimes order my entree based on the side dish choice. For example, if I am trying to decide between the chicken or beef, if the chicken comes with rice and the beef comes with potatoes, I will choose the beef - and then usually eat just a bit of that and give it to my husband.
6. I used to bite my nails, and still do, actually. It's a horribly gross habit, so I have managed to get it undercontrol enough that I usually only do it in private. But I used to gnaw the poor things to the quick and beyond. My parents tried everything to get me to stop, including that horrible nasty nail polish that tastes like vinegar - I grew to like the taste! They also used bribery and offered to buy me a beautiful ring with my birthstone in it - I managed to "kick" the habit until the ring was on my finger and then, back to biting. What finally got me to stop was when I was in a work meeting and looked over and saw a colleage going to town. It was disgusting! Immediately, I knew that I did not want that to be peoples' impression of me. So, I now limit my chewing to private time.
Okay, now I tag Maria (for a little something to ease the boredom of the 2ww), Polka Dot, and Alison! Good luck!