Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Bits and Pieces

Well, another week of pregnancy has passed rather uneventfully. I have started to get some Braxton Hicks contractions, but nothing like I had with Will by this point in time. I do think that not working full time outside of the home helps. I feel as if I am working plenty, but though Will keeps me very busy, it is a different kind of work. It's not as stressful and I don't have to be on the road for hours each day.

On Saturday, we went to get Will at my MIL's, which is about an hour away, and also a town I traveled to at least once a week while pregnant. When we returned home, I got out of the car to find my left leg was twice the size of my right. I could feel the fluid building in it as we drove and tried to switch positions, but that's difficult to do at 8 months pregnant. It made me realize that driving was probably the big culprit the last time around as far as how swollen I got. I massaged my calf, elevated it, and by morning, it was back to its normal size. I am sure that as I get bigger and the weather gets warmer, I am in for more swelling, but other than that one episode, I just haven't had any and am still wearing all of my same shoes. With Will, I was in Crocs and slippers by six months.

I am still pretty active, chasing after Will, taking walks, doing everything that I did before I was pregnant. I am still comfortable at night, waking up usually once to go to the bathroom or if Will needs me. The only symptom that is really bothering me is that I have the dreaded acid reflux/heartburn again, which means that I occasionally wake up choking on my stomach acid. That is not fun, but I have just cut out any evening snacks or big meals too late in the day, and it seems to be helping. That, and my friend, Tums. I love the smoothie ones, they are my new best friend.

The nursery is coming along very nicely. I do have pictures, but have lost the card adapter for our computer. Once I find it, I will be sure to post them. I love how it looks and also the feeling of accomplishment from getting it almost done. There are a few details that will have to wait, since I have to have help to get them done. The chair rail probably won't be completed for another couple of weeks, and though it's just a detail, it's going to make a huge difference in the room, so I won't feel that it's really done until we get that finished. One of my girlfriends is coming over tonight to help install the closet organizer in the nursery and that will allow me to finish putting all of her little clothes in order. I can't wait, especially since another friend found out that she is having a boy yesterday, and she already has a little girl that is Will's age. We are going to do a clothes swap, so there will be even more clothes for me to organize!

So, this pregnancy just keeps ticking. . . in some ways, it has flown by. The first trimester was really rough and went sort of slowly, but since then, I just don't know where the days are going. There is a big part of me that wants to just slow everything down, because I feel as if Will's babyhood went by in a flash. I want to put bricks on his head or something to keep him from growing any more!! I'll post more about him and all of his cuteness tomorrow because he just keeps getting more and more fun.


Searching said...

So happy for you that things are going well! Also glad this round is a bit easier than the first one. Sounds fun to do a baby clothes swap- just perfect!! Praying for Emma to hang out in there awhile longer.

Anonymous said...

Grow Emma Grow!!

And I love the Minty Tums. I would eat them like candy if I could! Its awesome! And I crave them!

Keep on doing great! Im praying for ya!