Monday, May 17, 2010

The Big 3-0

Whoa.

I am thirty weeks pregnant today.

Thirty.

Weeks.

I remember at thirty weeks pregnant with Will, looking at M and saying, "Wow, we are really pregnant."

I actually don't feel "as pregnant" this time. I am really carrying Emma so differently, in fact, this pregnancy is so different, and I just don't feel as huge or unwieldy, though I am sure it is coming.

This weekend, I was constantly on my feet. We took Will to an airshow and I walked for three hours in 70+ weather. Then, I came home and finished emptying out the nursery (yay!) and then we went for a walk with Will. I was tired after all of this, but not exhausted and. . . drumroll, please. . . my feet are not even a touch swollen! With Will, I would have been searching for my house slippers to shuffle around in by the second hour into the air show. I also didn't have any contractions, and with Will, I would have been a contracting fool. Emma does sit a lot lower on my bladder, so there were lots of bathroom breaks, but other than that, I felt pretty good.

Will is going to see his Grandma on Wednesday and Thursday, and I will be getting the nursery painted. I hope to have pictures to show you by this weekend! I might not feel "as pregnant" as last time, but she's coming in just eight weeks from today, so time to get this show on the road!

3 comments:

It is what it is said...

Wow! 30 wks! As a reader that seemed to fly by. I remember you announcing your pregnancy like it just happened.

I'm glad this has been an uneventful and peaceful pregnancy. What more can one ask for with a toddler at home?!

Looking forward to pics of the nursery.

HereWeGoAJen said...

Thirty weeks is amazing! I cannot believe it has already been that long.

Ms. J said...

She is most def coming, my dear. And damn, time really has flown by! I can't believe my Peanut is 11 wks old?! How the heck did THAT happen?! That means you were 19 wks along when I had Peanut (isn't that odd to think of in that manner?!)