Wednesday, March 10, 2010

A Friend In Need

Please go and give Ms. J a hug. She is experiencing some PPD issues and received an anti-adoption/anti-treatment for PPD comment on her blog today. I received an e-mail from her and she is devastated. You are all so wonderful in lifting me up on days when I need it most, please do the same for my friend.

*Also, I do not think we should even validate the nasty comment with a response directly to the poster. Just loving words for a brand-new-to-two mommy dealing with PPD would be appreciated!

Edited: My heart is just so filled with love and appreciation for those of you who have taken the time to leave comments for Ms. J or e-mailed me about this issue. I am passing all of your sentiments on to her and she is feeling much better tonight. Thank you so very much.

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Hi Katie, thanks for your comment and thanks for looking out for Ms. J. I saw your post and immediately sent her an e-mail. The idea that someone would attack her at a moment when she's already admitted to feeling down on herself (and trying to get help, no less) just makes my blood boil.

Katie said...

Me too, Rachel. Me too. And I actually posted this before she made her second comment, calling LP defective. It breaks my heart, much as the racial slurs on your blog did, too. It is one thing (even if I don't agree with it) to pass judgment on a blogger, who does choose to put themselves in a public forum, but it is QUITE ANOTHER to bring innocent children into it.

HereWeGoAJen said...

I am so annoyed at people who attack others. It simply isn't nice.