Sunday, March 7, 2010

Check One Thing Off

Ooooooh, I am so very excited!!!

I am nothing if I am not frugal. I love a good deal. I had narrowed my double stroller search down to my Top Three Strollers. Each had their good and bad sides. I then haunted craigslist looking for one of them for a good price.

And I found it!!! I found this stroller for $200 yesterday! And I was fortunate enough to contact the people first. This stroller is in beautiful, almost-new condition. I am serious, the little spikey rubber things are still on the tires and it is immaculate. It looks new. The owner still had the manual for it and everything. He even took $180 (because I always have to try and negotiate) because there were two tiny scratches on the handle.

Here's what I love about this stroller (and ultimately, why it made my Top Three List):

1) The one-handed fold. Seriously, this fold sells the stroller on it's own.

2) The individual recline seats that adjust to pretty much any position, rather than "fixed" positions.

3) The individual sun canopies that extend far down and the fact that they have little peekaboo windows in both the side and top.

4) The zippered pockets, mesh pockets, and under basket. This girl likes her storage!

5) It's a narrow profile, designed to go through any standard door.

6) The handlebar adjusts up and down, which my husband will really appreciate.

7) It is light weight and steers like a dream. Seriously, I think one finger could push this bad boy and it is lighter than my single all-terrain.

It's still kind of bulky (but aren't pretty much all double all terrain strollers?) and I will have to purchase the carseat adapter and rainguard separately, but even with those two purchases, we are still saving a lot of money!

Check item off list!

8 comments:

Laura said...

Wow what a bargain! Congratulations and happy strolling.

You'll be done with that list in no time.

HereWeGoAJen said...

Awesome! Your description makes me want one and I only have the one baby!

Tracy said...

I've heard really good things about that stroller from one of my friends who has one for her twins...glad you got such a deal!

It is what it is said...

We have the Baby Jogger City Mini and like it. Both the one handed folding/unfolding and one handed maneuverability make it a great stroller.
The only drawback to ours is that our son sits somewhat slunched down in it so when he's in it for any length of time I find myself having to pick him up to reposition him.
He's now three and we've had it for 1 1/2 yrs.

Caitlynn said...

I hope you update about the stroller the first trip you go to JCPenneys with it. Will be interesting to see the revised update.

Katie said...

Caitlynn (or is this SPAM, it is all so confusing these days), I don't often go to JCPennys (can't remember the last time that I went - so it might be a long time coming with that update) but if you mean because it will be difficult to go to a store with such a large stroller, you might be right. I might end up getting a smaller folding double when the kids are a bit older, but there really aren't a lot of compact options that also go offroad.

Danifred said...

I broke our hand-me-down Peg Pegero stroller today. BROKE IT! As in, not repairable. Looks like I'll be doing some stroller shopping myself!

Jen said...

I have the single version of the Baby Jogger City Classic and I love it! It's great for walks. I would love to find a steal like that. I would probably buy it even though I only have one at the moment just for when I do have two. :)