Saturday, April 10, 2010

Very Important Blog Update

Ladies (and the very rare gentlemen), I finally ended my dry spell and had. . .

wait for it. . .

one of my guiltiest pleasures. . .

a Bacon, Egg, and Cheese Biscuit sandwich [BECB].

It was everything a greasy-bad-for-you-totally-lacking-any-nutritional-value-breakfast sandwich should be. And more.

Oh, and in case you were about to say that Emma needs the protein from the egg, allow me to remind you that I peel the one essense of potential health (the egg) off of the sandwich and replace it with a slab of greasy hashbrown. That's right, I make it even more greasy and less healthy, because I don't like egg but I do like me some fried tater.

[Sighs with pleasure.]

This ends a nearly nine month drought of the BECB. This was not intentional, or as Manapan put it, any way virtuous on my part. First, I really do try to refrain from having these very often as they are not in any way good for me. Then, I got pregnant and first trimester all-day-sickness took away my desire for even a crumb of the biscuit. Just as I was feeling better and was thinking a MickeyD's run might be necessary, M and I gave up fast and convenient foods for Lent. So, that's how we ended up nine months later and no BECB. Like all good things that those that wait, however, it was worth it. I might have even licked the wrapper and my fingers afterward.

Wow, a whole post about a BECB. And it's not the first time, either.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now I want one! ;) Glad that you got to indulge on some greasy goodness. I'm definitely jealous!

Ms. J said...

If I'd had been there I'd have gotten a sausage biscuit and chowed down alongside you. And then we'd have done another pass once they began serving lunch so I could get me a strawberry shake ;o)

Christy said...

At least you enjoyed it! And now you've made everyone else want one too . . .

Anonymous said...

Heehee! Emma just needed the grain from the biscuit, the protein from the bacon, the calcium from the cheese, and the um, vegetables? in the hashbrown. <-- This is why I'm fat. :D

Red said...

Hehe. Hope you enjoyed it!

I am so confused about the eating bacon while pregnant rule. I avoided it at all costs with Champ because that's what I was told, now it seems the rule is actually a bit grey, so I have had a little this time.

Rebecca said...

Ha...I could totally write an entire post on a quarter pounder with cheese...good for you...now I'm hungry!

cheryllookingforward said...

I might be a little mad at you because I read this at my desk at 10:59 am. No BECB for me today :(

Maybe tomorrow. And the hash brown thing? I think I'm in love.

Lori said...

I want one now! I also do the same thing, I order mine without the egg and throw in the hash brown. Yummy!!!