Tuesday, August 19, 2008

No Change

After a "lovely" internal exam at my 38 week appointment, I find that I am still 2 cm dilated and 60% effaced. The nurse practitioner did say (as if it were a good thing), that my cervix is "very, very soft." The head is low (-1 station and it was at -2 station last time) and actually has descended beyond the lip of the cervix.

She wouldn't give us a timeline, but she said that it all looked promising that I wouldn't be overdue. She also gave us a rough estimate on weight - she doesn't think that he seems unusually big and thinks he will be around 8 lbs if we make it to next week. Here's hoping. I want him healthy, but I don't want him too big!

My weight gain is at a respectable 30 lbs. I am happy about that, because even if I went nuts in the next couple of weeks, I wouldn't go much over 35.

My lovely neighbors came over tonight and installed the closet organizer for the nursery. Tomorrow, I plan to organize that and then everything is ready for Little Man. Now, if only he would get the message. . .

11 comments:

Tracy said...

Doing good, mama!

Jen said...

There is a fine balance between healthy and too big, I think. Hopefully in a couple of weeks you'll actually be holding your little boy in your arms!

Prairie Girl said...

Hope the Little Man gets the memo for you! I want to see just how darn cute he is going to be! :D

HereWeGoAJen said...

Great! I am getting very excited!

AwkwardMoments said...

this is good news!

K @ ourboxofrain said...

Sounds like a good appointment overall. You're so close!!

Kathy said...

Hang in there Katie! It must be frustrating to be so close and yet not know when it will happen... (((HUGS))) I know it is so hard at the end when you are ready to meet your little man and not feel so big and uncomfortable anymore.

That said, during these last fews days I encourage you to cherish these moments that you have with your baby boy inside of you. I remember after Sean was born (and Molly too, but in a different way) missing what it felt like to have him moving around inside of me. Though I did feel umcomfortable a lot,especially by the time I was a week overdue with him, I just loved seeing his body move about and feeling the miracle of life in me.

Anyway, sorry to be so sappy, but I always like to share this with friends in the home streach of PG, as I was suprised after Sean was born that I missed that aspect of my pregnancy so much. Can't wait to hear your good news one of these days! :)

Ms. J said...

I am awe of your numbers . . . the countdown to Little Man, the way you have managed your weight, the exam numbers (sound great to me, but hey, I have no idea, LOL).

Just blissfully happy that you have come this far in your pregnancy (a hard-fought battle to make a baby), and right now he is like a little bun in your oven -- essentially done baking, except for a little browning on top, hee hee!

Alyssa said...

Sounds like you're doing well, Katie! Here's to hoping Little Man shows up soon! :)

Mrs. Piggy said...

30 lbs? thats perfect!!
you will lose it in no time...all of my weight flew off in the first 2 weeks...weigh yourself everyday...it makes you feel so good!
but then mine just stopped after 2 wks and hasnt budged since...ugh!

Joy said...

I can't wait to see pictures of the 99% completed nursery!!! (The other 1% will be putting that sweet baby boy in his crib!)

8 lbs sounds perfect!!! My youngest was 8 lbs 8 ounces and was still little. Chunky, but little!