My husband cleared out the last corner of the garage and we bought a great, frost free, stand up freezer. I am sooooo excited! People have been offering to make meals for us, and I've been wanting to stock up as well, but our little kitchen freezer is stuffed to the rafters already. It needs 24 hours to sit upright and then another six to be food-ready, but that means that I can start using my nesting instinct to make double batches of things and put aside some dinners.
We also took back a lot of gifts to two different stores. People were so generous, but a lot of our guests didn't scan things in when they purchased them off of the registry. We had three Bop.pys, four travel beds, so many clothes that I have no place to put them all, and well, you get the idea. We exhanged those things for our stroller, which I am in love with, and a baby monitor, which my husband is in love with! It has all of the bells and whistles!
I also got some breastfeeding supplies to go with my new pump that should arrive tomorrow or Tuesday. We got more diapers, wipes, bathing stuff, and a little lingerie bag for washing tiny socks and hats.
Things still on my list:
- Neighbor still to organize the closet for me (yay!)
- Buy extra changing table cover
- Make some food for freezing
- Organizing closets in the house (especially downstairs)
- Make a "baby drawer" in the kitchen
- Carpets cleaned (Thursday)
- Finish last few shower thank you notes
- Buy a couple of nursing tank tops (any suggestion on these would be great)