Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Kickin' It

Ho hum.

Not a lot going on today.

Except did I mention the alien creature that has apparently taken up residence in my abdomen?

Either that, or something that I ate really did NOT agree with me.

Seriously, this kid has gone from "Hmm, is that the baby?" kicks to "Holy crap, is he going to kick his way out?" kicks in a matter of days. I love every moment, but I have to admit, I am worried about how I am going to survive the next four months of stronger activity. I do know from extensive googling that a baby hasn't managed to escape by way of abdominal mutilation, so I do rest easier.

It is crazy to see my stomach moving from the outside. I imagine our son is laughing as he imagines which position to try next. I can hear him thinking, "Now, if I just bounce on her bladder like this. . ."

Of course, I have my own games that I like to play with him. If he is quiet for too long and I start to get nervous, a firm push on my abdomen rouses him. Then, I wonder why I poked the bear, as he retaliates by sticking some appendange into my ribcage.

Sometimes, however, I will be thinking about something else entirely. Perhaps the garbage disposal that I clogged and broke last night. Or maybe our cable bill, which inexplicably went up twenty dollars last month. In any case, I am not thinking B-A-B-Y. And as if he wants to remind me just where my focus should be . . . WHACK!

My husband laughs at me that the firm movements can still make me cry tears of happiness. But oh, what a miracle this is.

10 comments:

HereWeGoAJen said...

Ah, he's going to be one that you can never get to stop jumping on the bed!

I'm over here grinning at your miracle.

Jen said...

I'm guessing that you're little boy is going to be quite the active one! That is so exciting.

Oh and why do cable bills always go up mysteriously? So very irritating.

AwkwardMoments said...

mini's kicks were big ouch whacks- but resently they have become soft noozles again. So enjoy those big WHACKS

Laura said...

How exciting! I can't wait to feel my baby move.

Amy said...

Awww, I love this post today. It is such a miracle! I miss those kicks....savor each and every one of them lady! I txt you earlier so I forgive you this time for no reply ; ) xoxoxo

Tracy said...

He's making sure his mommy is paying attention to him!!!! LOL

Christy said...

I'm so glad that you share all of your wonderful experiences . . . its' fun to go along for the ride with you!

Joy said...

Isn't it just the BEST part?!

And I loved your monologue. VERY funny!!!

Geohde said...

I agree, miraculous, but Not Fun when my bladder is getting whalloped at 3am....

J

Annalien said...

I just want to say that I love the positive tone of your blog! I am so glad that you are enjoying your pregnancy. Savour those kicks - it is really one of the things of pregnancy that you miss most once the little one is "on the outside".