Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Wrapping Up

Today was my final OB/pre-op appointment. Dr. S thinks I might have a UTI based on my urine test today, but other than that, everything looks pretty good. BP is good, swelling is still swelling, but nothing too concerning (although he did warn me that I will swell even more from the fluids during my hospital stay - this I knew from Will's delivery, I looked like the Michelin Man). I signed away my life on the consent forms, got my blood work paperwork, joked with Dr. S about him getting plenty of sleep on Friday night, and Will got to hear the "heartbeep" one final time.

His face is priceless when he gets to hear the thump-thump-thump. He smiles so big, it makes my heart melt. We have been telling him that he will get to meet Emma "soon," which means that every time he asks about her he says, "I see Emma soon" and "I excited. Emma excited?" It's so precious.

I am not going to lie; I am nervous about the c-section. But I would be nervous about birth no matter what and I have made my peace with the fact that this is best for our family. Dr. S reviewed my previous c-section again today and reiterated that Will was not coming out vaginally. It's time to let go and go with the flow.

I can hardly believe that she will be here so soon.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I cant believe its almost time!! Im so excited!!

And thank you for the information on the car seat checks!

Mel said...

Thinking of you. :) Can't believe that you're already at 38 weeks?! C-sections are a breeze...it's just the recovery that is a beeeeeotch! :)

*hugs* Almost there!

Stacey said...

I'm excited for you, Katie! I can't believe the time is almost here. Wishing you and baby Emma well. Can't wait to see her face!

I still have 9 weeks to prepare myself for my C-section. I hope you'll be sharing some pleasant, easy-breezy stories about it soon! :)

It is what it is said...

What a thrilling time filled with such loving anticipation.

Can't wait for news of her birth!

HereWeGoAJen said...

I'm sure Emma is excited to meet her big brother!