Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Shaping the Future of Verity

There are a lot (34, to be exact) extremely qualified and talented candidates for the Verity Mom job. I don't really know how much of a shot I really have. I like what I've put together for my application, I feel as if it accurately reflects the type of mom and blogger that I am. I know that I have the passion, dedication, and experience to make one heck of a great Mommy blogger for Verity. Then, I look at all of the other amazing moms, and know that each of them bring something unique to the table and there really isn't a bad choice to fill this role.

No matter who wins, I truly believe that the role of Verity Mom will be shaped not only by the individual who holds the title, but the community of readers that contribute their comments, ideas, and spirit. It is the readers that will truly drive the content, because if they aren't seeing things of interest to them, then the whole idea won't really get off the ground.

So, what would you like to see in the Verity Mom blog? What topics interest you, financial and otherwise?

For me, these are some topics that come up again and again as a mom and wife:
  • Financial planning, college savings plans, etc.
  • Estate planning, wills, and trusts.
  • Meal planning, grocery shopping, and eating out on a budget
  • Fun family outings and places to go that are either cheap or, even better, free
  • Baby, toddler, kid, and tween to teen gear deals
  • And, of course, good deals on things for Mom and Dad. . . from shoes to restaurants!
These are just some ideas, a springboard of sorts. Let me hear from you! And please don't forget to leave a comment on my application page!

Thanks again!

No comments: