Monday, September 21, 2009

Memorial Monday

It's been awhile since I have had the honor of posting a Memorial Monday on the good ol' blog. Please keep sending them my way . . . you can find my e-mail in my profile. Please do not forget to comment and show your love and support.

And, Lisa, I just want you to know that your baby is important and not just a "little miscarriage." I have grieved as much for my chemical pregnancies as I have for my sweet Gummy Bear. I don't think a mother's heart measures its love in terms of time. Please let me know when you start your own blog so that I can link to it, and also, maybe you could do a Memorial Monday for me.

Dear Katie,

My name is Lisa and I just found your blog on Friday. Friday is the day I miscarried my first baby at 14 weeks, 2 days. My friend told me about your blog.

I started reading it Friday night. And I kept reading and reading and reading. I cried, I laughed, I got angry for you, I celebrated with you. It took me all weekend (not all at once, of course) to read your entire blog, from start to finish. When I first got to the Monday posts, I didn't really think I would ever send mine in to you, because each post was sadder than the one before it. I didn't feel like one little miscarriage would count the same as all of those women with their really sad stories.

But then I thought some more about it and figured I would let you decide if you thought my one baby was worth mentioning. I would appreciate it if you would, but I also understand if you don't. I kind of think you will, though, because we both think each life is important. I am thinking about starting my own blog and hope you don't mind if I steal the idea of Memorial Monday from you.

Thank you blogging, for letting people know they aren't alone. I see that you don't get as many comments as you used to, but I'll bet a lot of people still go back and read your old entries and get comfort from them. I know that's what I did.

Thank you,

Lisa S.




6 comments:

Mrs. Shoes said...

Lisa- I am very sorry for your loss. Any loss if a terrible thing and at 14 weeks, even harder.

Katie- I am always reading, even if not commenting! So much is going on and I am so behind.

HereWeGoAJen said...

Lisa, every baby is worth mentioning. Much love to you and your baby.

Anonymous said...

Lisa,

I am so very sorry for your loss. I know there are no words to alleviate your pain, but know that you and your baby are being thought of.

Ashley

Anonymous said...

Dear Lisa,
I had three losses -- 8 weeks, 6 weeks and 4 1/2 weeks. They were all awful. The moment that you are told you are pregnant, you are changed, especially if you really, really, really want to be a mother. Your baby becomes real at that moment. My heart goes out to you.

-Tanya

Anonymous said...

A miscarriage is never little to a mommy, Lisa! I'm so sorry for your loss. We lost a baby at 12 weeks and it is heartbreaking and confusing and just darn upsetting!

Lori said...

Lisa I am so sorry for your loss. I had a loss almost 3 years ago at 7 weeks and it changed my life and me forever. I will keep you and your baby in my prayers.