Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Nursery Progress

Last night, our lovely neighbor came over with paintbrush in hand and got started on the nursery. My husband got home from work and helped with the rolling.

It's about 90% finished right now. Did I mention that this neighbor has a three month old daughter? So, yeah, she had to go breastfeed her and put her to bed. She is coming back tonight to finish the trimwork.

At first, I was a bit nervous about the blue. It was a bit darker than I thought it would be. Now that the walls are mostly painted, however, I am really liking it. Also, with our painting phobia, all of the rooms in our house are white, so this color thing takes a bit of getting used to.

Of course, I'll be updating with progress pictures. There's really not much to see right now, but as soon as the paint dries, the crib is going up, the rest of the furniture will be put in place, and then I can start putting things away and doing the "fun" decorating, like hanging pictures, curtains, and putting the bedding in place. Our plan is to have the nursery pretty much "done" by the end of the weekend. I know I will still putter around and make changes, but we want it to be baby-ready soon so that I can stop obsessing about it.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm laughing out loud at your "paint phobia" comment. I'm so the opposite. :) You'd probably have a heart attack in our house - the bathroom is super dark blue, our bedroom has a brown wall, and the kitchen is like grape green! :)

I can't wait to see nursery pictures (we get pictures, right?)

HereWeGoAJen said...

We've got a totally white house too.

I can't wait to see pictures!

Mazzy said...

YAY!!
I cannot wait to see it.
I am a color whore, all about painting anywhere, anytime.
*hugs*

Joy said...

Ooh!!! Maybe the nursery will inspire you to paint other areas of your home and get rid of that phobia! You could always pay your neighbor for any extra rooms to paint. And see how fast she is getting it done?!?!?!

Joy said...

Ha ha ha to Mel's comment about being a color whore! LOL!!!

Jen said...

I can't wait to see the pics! I'm so with you on the painting phobia...decorating in general actually. I know what I like, but I have a lot of difficulty turning what I like into an actual room. I think that the nursery is the only place where I've had much success in it at all.

Geohde said...

Looking forward to the pictures,

J

AwkwardMoments said...

You go girl. our nursery is still a work in progress and MT is Here!!

Ms. J said...

I think I have a similar affliction. I grew up in rental housing, so I was adamant that the baby's room not have the "rental white" or cream walls I loathed. But it took us awhile to make a decision on the actual shades (we knew blues and green though). And then add in that we SUCK at home improvement!

sara said...

Can't wait to see pictures and I'm glad that things are coming together nicely :-)

Erin said...

Thanks for stopping by and offering your support yesterday...it carried me through.

Have fun with coloring your world!