Tuesday, December 14, 2010

On the Second Day of Christmas

Well, Santa was a flop.

Will has been asking to see Santa. If you ask him what he wants Santa to bring him for Christmas, there isn't a hint of hesitation before he replies: "A train table!!"

He was all excited to get dressed in his Santa Train shirt and wanted to bring his I Love Trains book to see the Big Guy. He talked about it all morning and on the way there.

Turns out, the boy is all talk.

There wasn't a line at all, so we walked right up to Santa. From the safety of his stroller, Will shyly showed Santa his book. Santa "ho-ho'd" appropriately. I took Emma from the stroller and placed her in Santa's willing arms. No problem-o.

Then I went to get Will from his stroller and. . .

tears, screaming, and mass hysteria ensued.

There was no sitting on Santa's Lap for Will this year. I guess I could have gone for the screaming, body-twisting picture, but I just didn't have the heart for it.

Meanwhile, Emma took an adorable picture.

And Will announced that "Emma told Santa" what he wanted.

So we're all good (and when we get the picture in a couple of days, I will post it here).

7 comments:

It is what it is said...

My son was just over 2 1/2 last year and that was the exact same response.

However, this year, at 3 yrs 9 mos, he stood in line, walked right up and onto his lap, made friends with him and told him exactly what he wanted. Every day he reminds me of what he told Santa that he wants. It is adorable. Hopefully that will be Will's experience next year, too.

HereWeGoAJen said...

Poor Will. I am hoping next year is the good Santa year. At least Will had Emma to pass along the information for him.

Rebecca said...

Oh no! All that effort! You're a good Mama...I'm always so perplexed that kids are afraid of him!

Anonymous said...

My kids are 2 and 3 and haven't smiled for Santa since they were babies. We get the screaming child picture each year... And to tell you the truth: I don't mind that my kids are hesitant to sit on the lap of a strange old man!

Amy said...

this was the first year the twins would sit on his lap....4 years old...just sayin! BTDT! Glad you got a good pic of Emma with him! Also, we have a kick ass train set we got for the twins at costco...99 bucks...and it's reverseable to a reg coffee table..pretty nice!

Mazzy said...

AW! That's so funny. Kids! I am glad Emma did well, at least! Thank GOD for sisters who speak on your behalf!

A New Beginning said...

We have tried twice and ended up with 2 family santa photos. My fear is, the older one will grow out of the fear of santa and the younger one will start.