I did want to share this recipe, however. Whenever I make it, I double it and freeze one. It freezes and reheats incredibly well. . . in fact, I think it might taste better when heated the second time. Because it is all pre-cooked, it is just a matter of thawing and reheating (you could even microwave it in a pinch). I usually serve this with a green veggie (even though it already has corn in it) and a salad or fruit. It has been a hit with both M and Will. It isn't my "favorite" meal, but it is filling and economical, and, most importantly, easy.
Cheesy Chicken and Corn Bake
(this is a single recipe, I usually double)
1 pkg yellow rice
1/2 stick butter or margarine
1 can cream of chicken soup
1/2 c. sour cream
2 cups cooked chicken
1 can whole kernel corn, drained
1 1/2 c. shredded cheddar cheese
1. Prepare rice according to package directions.
2. Add cooked rice with all other ingredients (reserving 1/2 c. shredded cheddar cheese) and stir until well-blended.
3. Pour into 13 x 9 baking dish and top with remaining cheddar cheese.
4. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes, until bubbly.
If you are going to freeze it, do so before the baking step. The day you want to serve it, just put it in the oven as you are preheating and then add about 20 to 30 minutes to baking time.
* I have used canned chicken before and it works well.
** I usually use frozen corn.
*** I have used shredded monteray jack cheese or a blend of cheddar.