Friday, August 31, 2007

Knock, Knock!

Knock, Knock.

Who's there?

Insane.

Insane who?

YOU. You have gone insane.

There is a point in the 2WW that I feel the claws of insanity dig themselves into my brain. And I am here, folks. 5 DPO.

I have three signs that have been reliable for pregnancy in the past. They aren't very scientific.

1) Almost immediately post-conception, I have this feeling of having to pee very frequently - this started on Wednesday.

2) I have had implantation spotting with four of my five pregnancies (and I wasn't paying attention when I got pregnant the first time, so it could be all five) - I haven't had any spotting yet, but it usually doesn't happen until 7 DPO or later..

3) I get this feeling. . . it's hard to explain, but almost like a "zinging" in my uterus. Not really cramping, more of an energy - usually doesn't start until 9 or 10 DPO.

It's a little bit of which comes first, though. Symptoms or obsessively checking for symtoms. Do my breasts REALLY hurt, or is it the fact that I have been checking for tenderness so much that they have become bruised? Do I really have to pee more than usual, or is it the fact that I recently started a campaign to drink more water?

Also, being on a high dose of progesterone really messes with me. I can't really rely on my body signs any more. Does that stop me from searching for signs of pregnancy? Nope. No way. Each month, I promise myself that this will be the cycle that I blissfully wake up one morning and say, "Oh. I think my period is late, but I wasn't really keeping track. Perhaps I should take a test. " It hasn't happened yet.

The only good thing about my insanity, is that it only lasts for two weeks. Then, I get really depressed for a couple of days, then excited about the prospects of a new cycle. At least something is predictable.

1 comment:

Polka Dot said...

I think insanity comes with the territory.

I'm usually ok the first week since I know implantation can take 5 - 7 days past the iui. After that, though, it's all I can do to resist the pee sticks.