Friday, February 4, 2011

Words We Should Never Have To Read. . . Let Alone, Write Or Say

I have been transformed.

I am warning you, if you read this, you will never be the same. Although the transformation might be painful, I think it is ultimately worth it, because it will force you to look outside of yourself and ask, "How can I help?"

But if you are in a bad place yourself, don't read this. If you are not in a place where you will want to jump up and say, "How can I help? How can I change this reality?" Then don't read this.

I am serious. You've been warned.

Infertility is the hardest, most difficult thing I have endured in my life. And yet I promise you, I would endure it 100x over in order to save my children - or others - this fate.

And I will do everything I can to help those that are afflicted. I don't care that I am sleep deprived and have very little spare moments in the day. I have time for this. I have time. For my children are healthy and there are children out there who are not. But for the Grace of God, my children are in their cribs, asleep, and there are children, stuck in hospital, begging to go home. And I can't ignore that.

4 comments:

Jen said...

So horrible. And part of the reason I work in cancer research.

Michele said...

My BIL died, at the age of 7 (when hubs was 9) from neuroblastoma. He was diagnosed at 4. The first year, he went into remission: every other child in his ward died. His friends, gone. The second time, his little body just couldnt fight the cancer and he lost his battle, three months after his 7th birthday. Reading that file... While I didnt live through this with Peter and his family, it brought me to tears remembering what he's told me. Research on neuroblastoma has come SO far since the early 80s, but not far enough. Not nearly far enough.

HereWeGoAJen said...

That really was a powerful read. Thank you for sharing it.

Anonymous said...

So emotional and upsetting. While I am always aware and ever so grateful for my two sleeping beauties upstairs.....It made me stop and think about what if. Wow, how incredible scary and I hope that I never have to experiecne this and I wish that this didn't have to be anyone's reality. What can we do to make a difference??? Danielle