Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Sidelined

Well.

This is embarrassing.

Ever had one of those friends?

You know the type... They are too busy for you for months until something happens and they need you once again?

Luckily, this is a blog, which I think means its feelings don't get hurt. Which is a good thing, because it turns out my sadly neglected little corner of the internet might now get some more attention from me. At least for the next six months, that is.

The reason for my sudden reappearance? I can't drive for six months and lost my job as a result of the fact that I was diagnosed with epilepsy after having two clonic-tonic (formerly called grand mal) seizures in the past two weeks.

Fun times.

So, stick around for kiddo updates, pictures, and stories of (literally) being trapped in Suburbia.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh goodness gracious! I hope you are okay and that the exile isn't too difficult for you. Looking forward to the updates.

Erin Bakal said...

Oh my heavens! I can't imagine how it must feel to have all of that pulled out from under you. Did the kids witness the tonic clonic seizures, or were you at work? And can work just fire you for having a medical issue? That seems illegal to me... The good news is that there are some mighty fine drugs out there for epilepsy (Keppra, Zonegran, and Lamictal are the one's my hubby takes) but what a hard, hard thing to have happen! Was there a head trauma? Abiding with you, sending love and hoping that you'll be able to make quiche with the broken eggs (what I did Tuesday when my hubby brought in the groceries on a 'shaky' day).

Unknown said...

Sorry but glad to see some updates. I am a long time follower

Rebecca said...

Still following and ready for some updates!

Erin Bakal said...

I too, am wondering how you're doing? Hope that things have been uneventful.

Sunny said...

Oh my gosh, Katie! Anxiously awaiting an update. It's been so long... I hope you are hanging in there okay!

Erin Bakal said...

So almost one month down; how's it going? Have you had another seizure? I hope that you're okay!

Anonymous said...

Have you ever been tested for celiac disease? Infertility and seizures are super common with untreated celiac. Good luck!

Erin Bakal said...

Just checking in again to see how you're doing. Sending love and light.

Erin Bakal said...

How are you? I'm worried!

Erin Bakal said...

Just checking in-- any new developments?

MyRoseAmongThorns said...

WOW! Hoping things have calmed down, waiting for an update!

Erin Bakal said...

How are you?