Friday, October 8, 2010

We're Baaaack

The time with my parents went well. It was nice to have a bit of help with the kiddos and to see Will have such a fun time with his Grandma and Papa. Emma continued to regale us with her fussiness and seems to only really be happy when held. . . by me, specifically.

The first night was rough and little sleep was had by all. But the second and third nights were great! Emma and Will slept through both nights in their respective beds and I got about ten hours of sleep each night.

My mom also delighted in making all of my favorite dishes, we went to Costco (yes, Costco) for gelatto, and even to a rummage sale or two. Will scored a new play kitchen and a bubble machine, as well as some random books. He was very pleased.

It was nice to have a few days away. Here, when both kids are sleeping or I have a few moments where they are both content and occupied, I feel the need to do laundry or prepare dinner. At my parents', there isn't much for me to do but rock my baby and laugh over my 2-year-old's antics. It's a nice change of pace.

But we won't speak of the drive. The three hour drive was awful (Emma on the way down and Will on the way up). It will be awhile before I recover from that!

1 comment:

HereWeGoAJen said...

I'm sorry the drive was awful. I can imagine. I hope the trip made it worth it.