Friday, October 15, 2010

Remembering Our Babies

The longer that I write here, the more this becomes a parenting blog. More and more entries of life with my amazing children start to bury and obscure the painful entries of my infertility past. But that past is there, those babies were lost. I think of them every day and especially today.

Today is National Pregnancy and Infant Loss Remembrance Day. In addition to my own angels, I am also lighting a candle for my sister-in-law's and sister's lost babies. Though I am holding my sweet daughter as I type these words, I still am wistful today, thinking of the babies that I never got to hold in my arms, yet carry in my heart. When Emma smiles, it makes me think of all the smiles I will never see, and be so grateful for the ones that I will.

My heart goes out to all of you and the babies that you have lost. This is a wonderful tribute and sad day all at once and I thinking of you.

2 comments:

HereWeGoAJen said...

Thinking about you today and your little ones.

cdg said...

Remembering your lost little ones today. You are such a source of hope and support for those of us who have also gone through loss.