Sunday, August 1, 2010

Back to "Normal" Life

I feel so fortunate to have had M at home for two weeks. The best part is watching him and Will develop their relationship. They watered plants together, flew a kite, played at the park, went to the grocery store, and just had a lot of fun together. He also got lots of time to cuddle with Emma. And having the extra pair of hands around certainly was a great bonus.

I am nervous that tomorrow will be my first day with the two of them alone. Life with a newborn is unpredictable and so I never know what the day will bring. But I feel it's kind of like a bandaid. . . I just gotta rip it off and get started with my new life.

In typical Katie-fashion, I have scheduled the day so that I at least know Will is going to be entertained. We have our regular Mom's group in the morning and my girlfriend is coming over with her little boy in the afternoon after naptime to play. Of course, this does mean that I have to actually get two kids ready and out the door tomorrow morning by myself, but I have showered tonight, set out clothes for all of us, and the diaper bag is packed.

I'm a mix of excited and nervous. I feel as if I have been waiting for this for awhile and the anticipation has been killing me. I know there are hard times ahead, but I am eager for the challenges and the many good times ahead, too.

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

It's all about planning ahead and anticipating the unexpected. Good luck on your own! I'm sure you'll do great!

HereWeGoAJen said...

You can do it! I would consider it a successful day as long as all of you are still alive at the end of it. ;)