Sunday, February 15, 2009

Memorial Monday

This week's Memorial Monday is in honor of Lauren's baby boy, Tate Oliver Patterson. Tate is Lauren's second son, due on November 11, 2008 and born still on Thursday, October 30, 2008. The probable cause of his death was cord compression, although the autopsy wasn't 100% conclusive.

Lauren writes:

Tate was born on a Thursday, so we consider Thursday Tate Day in our house. We make it a mission to do something nice for someone else every Thursday to honor our little angel. I have made up little cards that say "An Angel Helped You Today: Remembering Tate Oliver, Today and Always." I might pay for someone's meal in a restaurant, send flowers to someone that I know is feeling down, buy a balloon for a child crying in the park. I have met some remarkable people, gotten to share Tate's story, and heard some wonderful stories in return. This has helped me grieve and heal and I thought that other people might like the idea for remembering their own babies.

To be featured in upcoming Memorial Mondays, please contact me by clicking on my profile link and then by clicking on my e-mail link. You can either write your story yourself or provide me with the details and I will do it for you. You may include pictures, poetry, whatever feels right. This is your memorial for your loss.

5 comments:

Baby Smiling In Back Seat said...

Lauren, I'm very sorry to hear of your loss. What an amazing idea to honor and share Tate's memory every week of the year.

HereWeGoAJen said...

Lauren, I am so sorry. I will remember Tate this Thursday with an act of kindness.

Amy said...

Lauren,
I am so sorry for the loss of your Tate. I know it is a very hard road.

What you are doing is wonderful. You share him and a bit of you every time you hand out a card!
Wishing you peace in your journey.

Ms. J said...

Lauren . . . what a beautiful way to honor your Tate. He must be so proud to know how his family has taken to passing along the gift that he was in such a wonderful way.

Amanda said...

I think that is one of the most wonderful ways to remember your little one.