Monday, September 17, 2012

Chugging Along

My platelet count continues to hover in the acceptable range.  I go in every Monday and Thursday for my draw and then keep a watchful eye on my phone until Dr. S's nurse calls to give me the results.  Other than that, things just keep moving along.

I turned 36 weeks pregnant yesterday.  Holy moly, that seems amazing to me.  I feel like it was just yesterday that I was noticing my pregnancy symptoms and saying to M, "I think I might be pregnant."

And now, here we are, practically on the brink of number three!

Yesterday, I was hauling my whale-like self up the stairs, out of breath and physically exhausted by the time I reached the top.  I thought to myself, "It's almost over."

And then I realized. . . No, it isn't.

I will have three kids and an entirely new level of exhaustion in but a matter of weeks.

I guess I have logically known this baby is coming for quite some time, but it was that moment yesterday that it really seemed to hit home.

I am a bit (more than a bit) scared, if the truth be told.  But I was super-duper scared when I was pregnant with Emma, and that turned out okay (actually, more than okay, I'd like to think).  It IS more work having more than one, so I am assuming my workload will increase again, but I just have to hope it is doable.  I see mothers doing it every single day, so I know it is possible.

And it doesn't really matter, because. . . it won't be long now.

4 comments:

Laura said...

Glad to hear that things seem to be staying at least stable. 3 kids! It's sure to be a juggle. But it's one that you are up for. I can't wait to hear of the chronicles of 3 kids!!!!!!

Beth said...

I promise you'll do great with 3. Personally, it was by far my easiest transition. Yes, I found it to be more work, but I already had lots of experience under my belt; I found that this helped me to learn to let things go and enjoy my babies - because it's SUCH a short time!

Hope you are continuing to feel well and it's smooth sailing from here on out!

Anonymous said...

You are going to do great, Katie! The newborn phase is exhausting, but also wonderful!

It Is What It Is said...

So glad to hear that things are marching positively toward a full term delivery.

Three!