Monday, February 7, 2011

How Can We Help

Danielle asked (in the comments section of my last post), how we can help. I'm glad that you asked.

I contacted the Ben Towne Foundation to ask that very question. Here is an exerpt of the e-mail that I received.

Ben Towne Foundation incorporated last year and had a launch celebration in September. We are thrilled to partner with the Center for Childhood Cancer at Seattle Children's Research Institute. Part of what we are asking people to do is to tell the story of what is happening in Seattle and the future of childhood cancer research. As Seattle becomes known more and more as an epicenter for global health and specifically for cancer treatment and research, the establishment of the Center for Childhood Cancer signifies that childhood cancer will be represented. So, please do tell Peyton's story, and Ben's story and the story of this organization and what is happening right here in our own back yard.

So, I am doing my part, here on the blog, on my Facebook page, on Twitter, and whenever I talk to people. The whole point of the foundation is to give pediatric cancer a voice. So, here I am, lending a small part of that. Won't you do the same?

No comments: