Monday, February 22, 2010

It's A Big Day

The big day is here.

Our appointment is at 11:40 AM PST. They are always late at this office. Always.

We also have to have the scan, of course, which took about 45 minutes last time. Then we have to make the appropriate phone calls and pick Will up from my girlfiend. All of this to say, don't be worried if you don't hear from me for a bit.

I am really nervous, with no real reason to be. I have been feeling movement for a few days now. I know the baby is alive. I just will be very relieved to know that he or she is healthy. It will also be nice to really start bonding with this baby. The anatomy scan is where I really started to believe in my pregnancy with Will. I still had worries and concerns, to be sure, but after seeing that healthy bub on the screen, I started to breathe a little easier.

I have opened my heart to this baby a little more than I did with Will, but there is still some reservation. So until I see that heart beating and hear all is well, I have been shielding myself just a tiny bit. Today will change all of that.

It's a big day.

6 comments:

Mommy Shoes said...

Thinking of you and hoping for wonderful news of a healthy little boy or girl!

Laura said...

I can't wait to hear about Sweetpea!

Ms. J said...

Thanks for letting us know they are always late, and that you have some things to do afterwards (I, for one, would be worrying otherwise).

Yeah for movement!!! It's okay and natural to be nervous and anxious . . . esp. considering all that your heart (and body) have been through. Deep breaths!

It's gonna be a crowded room today . . . 'cause all of us are gonna be standing there along side you, virtually ;o)

A New Beginning said...

PST? I did not realize I would have to wait that long.

Can't wait to hear your big news!

HereWeGoAJen said...

I am very excited and I cannot wait for updates!

Rebecca said...

Reservation isn't bad...you're protecting yourself. I hope it all goes well!!!