Monday, June 8, 2009

Surprise!

So, this last weekend was my first entire one away from Will. M and I dropped him off at his Grandma's on Friday afternoon and didn't come back until Sunday.

I will admit, I had a bit of a rough time leaving him for two days. We were three hours away from him at a little resort town in the Cascades. But I was really glad that we didn't bring him, because what I thought was a romantic weekend getaway for the two of us was actually a surprise birthday party in honor of my 29-Again Birthday (on June 11, so I am still only 29 right now)!

We drank wine, we ate a lot of really good German food (it is a Bavarian-themed town), we had a lot of fun. And so many of my good friends came. One of my best girlfriends came all the way from San Francisco! The three mom-friends that I hang out with pretty much every day came too. It was so wonderful to see everyone and humbling that they would take an entire weekend to help us celebrate.

Even though I had an amazing time, I was very eager to get home to Will. And he missed us, too. Last night, when M put him to bed, he nestled his little face against his shoulder and chanted, "Da-Da" for five minutes until he fell asleep. Precious.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's exciting!! Happy early birthday my dear!

HereWeGoAJen said...

Aw, the da-da really got me. So sweet.

Mazzy said...

Sounds like a great weekend... so glad you enjoyed it. ;) What amazing friends you have.
Happy Birthday wishes!

Amy said...

Dude, Mike sent me the evite a month ago. I had to decline due to the same bday weekend for Josh! Sigh. I hope you had such a good time and I am bummed I missed it! Ugh. Do you still love me?

Polka Dot said...

How awesome! So glad you two were able to spend the time together.

And ... did you say June 11?

That's my birthday, too!!

Only I'll be 38. Le sigh.

areyoukiddingme said...

Happy Birthday!

Tracy said...

Oh, I'm so glad!!! What fun! You deserve it...

AwkwardMoments said...

Oh man - what a sweet story!