Thursday, April 30, 2009

Inching Along

Will is growing by leaps and bounds lately. He is at the threshold of TWENTY pounds (at 8 months old, folks!) and is 23.5" long. I am just glad that he is a healthy sized little fella who likes his eats.

He is babbling like a fool and says Dadda like a champ! He also has said 'Nana a couple of times, which I believe is for his favorite fruit, but his great-grandmother wishes to be called Nana, so it works out okay. He has also said Puh around the dogs a few times and we call our two dogs puppies, so that would make sense. Notice that the word Mama is missing from his repertoire? Yeah, me too. Oh, well, someday, right?

Mobility continues to elude the Little Man... for now. He sits up, can roll over, and I often find him on his tummy in the mornings. Until this past week, however, he had absolutely no. interest. whatsoever. in learning how to crawl. He didn't really have a problem with tummy time, but he made no effort to get up and move about. He could pivot on his axis and I'd find him facing a different direction than how I set him down, but not so much as a skooch.

However, he is now able to get up on all fours, albeit he usually face plants soon afterward. If he has some leverage against his legs, he can propel himself forward, and he does a great job scooting backward. The last couple of days, he has started doing what I lovingly refer to as the "inchworm," which involves him doing a kind of break-dance-like movement across the floor. I believe it is only a matter of time before he gets this crawling thing figured out and my life changes all over again!

We have finally gotten some nice days here lately, which has been great for getting Will out. I am so lucky to have a neighborhood filled with SAHMs and their little ones, so we get together often. Here are some pictures from our latest pool party. . . how cute is this kiddo?




Also, for anyone following Will's blog, I updated with a bunch of pictures, stories, and a slide show! If you want to know how to find Will's blog, just leave me a comment with your e-mail address. If you are a "regular," I'm happy to pass the link along.

7 comments:

Joy@WDDCH said...

My firstborn, Elaina, didn't call me Momma until well after her first birthday! *sniffle* But she was a pro at saying Dada. Everything was Dada!

I'd love to have a link to Will's blog if you don't mind sharing it! njeosys (at) juno (dot) com!

AwkwardMoments said...

He is so sweet and adorable.


All that stuff will come. It's like a light switch in their head

Tracy said...

I wouldn't mind following Will's blog? Have you added me already and I mised it somehow? Shoot me an email!

xo

Adriane said...

He's such a big, beautiful boy!!! Would love to follow along with Will's blog, too. I don't know how you keep two blogs going. Super Mom!

Kathy V said...

I can't believe how big he is getting. He is growing so much. I am glad that you were able to get out some for a pool party.

I'm sure he will say Mama soon!

RBandRC said...

Oh my goodness--HOW CUTE IS HE??? I could eat him up in that swimming suit! He is just so handsome! :)

Debby said...

Oh these pictures are so good! I love his studly little bod in his swim trunks! nothing cuter than a half naked baby! And I'm in amazement of his weight! My little guy is 11 months and still shy of 18 pounds. Poor little guy is never going to hit that 20 lb mark so that he can go forward facing in the car.