Tuesday, December 9, 2008

A Few Of MY Favorite Things

It's been awhile since I posted on some of the things that I have found to be invaluable as I continue to adjust to mommyhood.

For the breastfeeding mother, I highly recommend. . .

Target nursing tanks
. Yes, I am a little unhappy with the red circle right now, since I also ordered a Brit.ax carseat and was disappointed when they refused to honor the price. But these nursing tanks are still worth it. They are so comfortable and a decent price. I wear them all of the time under these types of sweatshirts. The lower, cross-style neck line allows for you to pull back one flap at a time and the tank underneath requires no bra. And for breast pads, I find these to be the most absorbent and also comfortable. The best thing is that in each box, they always put a little "freebie." I told my husband it's like the Crack.er Jacks prize . . . my latest box had a free microwaveable sanitizing bag (for breast pump parts), the last box had a free mini tube of lansinoh gel, which was perfect for the diaper bag.

For breastfeeding or bottle feeding. . .

I really love the bottle warmer than I received as a shower gift. I would not have purchased this on my own, but it's so much better than boiling a bottle and it especially works great for thawing out frozen milk if I have forgotten to take out a bottle ahead of time or need a few ounces to supplement. Although Will doesn't like pacifiers now, I used it in the beginning to make sure they were sanitized. And it also warms food, future use.

For baby, I have loved . . .

These specific no scratch mittens. Yes, there are many of them out there. We have about six different brands. But THESE, my friends, will actually stay on Will's little hands, which really makes them far more effective than the ones that don't! They come in a two-pack at BRU and Tar.get.

He loves. . . no, wait, let me me phrase this properly. . . he is in love with this mobile. Every single person that I know that has this mobile raves about it and I have to join the chorus. It's kind of spendy, I won't lie. I saw it multiple places for around $40.00. So, I got mine off of Crai.g's List for $15 and I've seen in many times on e.bay for around $30. But you know what, I would have paid full price for it had I known its miracle, soothing properties. The music plays for a full 2o minutes, which is enough time for something like, oh, say a shower! He loves it so much that I sometimes get jealous. Some reviews that I read on-line mentioned that the volume is too low. I do have to admit that I have it on the higher level of volume, but that is plenty loud enough. Also, unlike other mobiles, this one will fit on thicker top rail cribs like ours - even on a curved edge!

Finally, this bath lounger is one of my "Best Buys." I couldn't find the right link, but I found one very similar (with Frogs on it instead of pink flowers - and mine looks sturdier with a foam padded headrest) at Wal.mart for $6. I was using one of these bath sponges, but it took forever to wring out and I couldn't take it places. This lounger dries in about twenty minutes - no more wringing and it folds for easy packing. Will loves it, it keeps his head out of the water. The only thing is that I wouldn't buy it for an older baby. I think Will is actually getting close to done with it. One of my fellow mom friends lent me this interesting gadget, which I have yet to use as they say that babies have to be able to sit unassisted in it. I'll have to let you know what I think of it when we get to that stage.

7 comments:

AwkwardMoments said...

love the choice of tank and pads.. same ones i like

Amy said...

Those tanks are AWESOME!!! But they make the "girls" look kinda funny when you pull the straps down...lol!!! Give the boy kisses for me! xoxoxoo

Tracy said...

I loved the Target nursing bras, too...

We don't have that mobile, but we do have the swing and it has a similar mobile on it. Both Rowan and Evan love it!

RBandRC said...

Good to know. I was looking for a more interesting mobile than the one I have! :)

Anonymous said...

Ok, remind me of this when I'm whining about needing nursing tanks. :) I'll add it to the spreadsheet-of-everything-baby.

We registered for a different FP mobile, but this one is uber cute too. Such decisions!

Mazzy said...

thank you!
my bffe swears by the same mobile, her little girl LOVES it!

Kim said...

You deserve a good deal.. how about some SUPER cheap Robeez?!

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_gw?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=robeez&x=0&y=0

(there are others)