Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Walking With Will

There are a few things about motherhood that are exactly as I pictured them.

One of them is taking my son for a walk.

Yesterday, as I strolled through a lovely late-summer day, I couldn't help but shed a few tears of what can only be described as pure, unbridled happiness. I passed a playground and envisioned days in the future, catching Will as he slides down, pushing him on the swings.

I stopped to check the mail and we got our first piece addressed to him. . . how strange and how wonderful.

I don't hurry during my walks. He loves the time outside and I am enjoying walking without an extra ungainly thirty pounds weighing me down. So, I take my time.

I know he will grow up so fast. I know that life will try to take my concentration away from these precious moments that I have waited so very long for.

So I just take my time. And walk with Will.

9 comments:

Mazzy said...

I love this post. Absolutely love it. And I can completely imagine you and Will taking in the glorious sunshine and savoring every minute of life. It is so precious.
*hugs*

Kim said...

Alright, cue the tears.

Joy said...

Beautiful post! Got me teary-eyed... I've felt like a Monster Momma today because I stayed up late with hubby and then kept getting woken up. I am tired, in more ways than one. Thanks for reminding me to take hold of the precious moments. It's freezing here but perhaps I will take the girls out into the sunshine today...

Prairie Girl said...

Enjoy every moment to the fullest Katie, because you soooo deserve this!!! ((HUGS))

HereWeGoAJen said...

Perfect! I really enjoyed seeing through your eyes. :)

JJ said...

I am sorry I am belated--but CONGRATS!!!! Will is here and adorable and just precious...so happy for you all!

AwkwardMoments said...

Such Sweetness

Kathy V said...

The walks sound like a pleasant way to unwind and enjoy the company with your son. I am glad for you that it is going exactly how your pictured it.

April E. :) said...

I stumbled across your page through Google Reader. It has been great to read about your story. I too an circling the drain of infertility. Soon to have my first IUI. Here's to hoping! I'll be stopping by regularly to read and watch your sweet little one grow!! Congratulations!!